|13 pcs of Cream puff beautifully assembled! The result better than me and ahma's expectation!|
Make this with my friend ah ma for her mum bday and its was a smashing success! It exceed even our own expectation base on outlook and taste. She choose the recipe and leaving it to me I wont have choose this recipe. Thats the good thing about brainstorming and working with other ppl to make dessert. I love making dessert from new recipe. You will never know how ur product look like till the end.
The shape is rather interesting. Just 1 spoon of the batter and it could puff up a lot. When i slice it the interesting part is that inside there is a few holes suitable to put cream inside. Inside is quiet empty.
Check out how the chocolate sauce ooze out? It look amazing and taste heavenly too. I will definitely try this again.
I make some minor changes to the recipe and convert almost all the measurement to gram. I also skip the Chocolate Glaze and replace with drizzling these babies with icing sugar. Chocolate Glaze look kind of messy in Hershey's picture and icing sugar look more elegant.
It is rated as advance in Hershey website but i would say that it is really easy to make and we feel that its even easier to make compare with making a chocolate cake! Preparation time is really short and we spend time on waiting for it to bake and waiting for the cream to chill.
For the original Hershey recipe. Another similar recipe that I am looking at is Chocolate Mousse-Filled Cream Puffs from Hershey website too.
* CHOCOLATE CREAM FILLING (recipe follows)
* 1 cup water
* 113.4g butter or margarine
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 110g all-purpose flour - 110
* 4 eggs
1. Prepare CHOCOLATE CREAM FILLING.
2. Heat oven to 400°F. Heat water, butter and salt to rolling boil in medium saucepan. Add flour all at once; stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture leaves side of pan and forms a ball. Remove from heat; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until smooth and velvety. Drop batter by spoonfuls into 12 balls (about 1/4 cup) onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. While puff is warm, horizontally slice off small portion of top; reserve tops. Remove any soft pieces of dough from inside puff; cool completely on wire rack. Fill puffs with CHOCOLATE CREAM FILLING. Replace tops.
CHOCOLATE CREAM FILLING
200g cups sugar
40g HERSHEY'S Cocoa
46.3g cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups milk
3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
29.57 butter or margarine
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Stir together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in medium saucepan; gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute.
2. Remove from heat; gradually stir about 1 cup hot mixture into beaten egg yolks. Return all egg mixture to saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring
constantly, just until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into bowl; press plastic wrap directly onto surface. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until cold. Do not stir. About 3 cups filling.
MINIATURE CREAM PUFFS: Prepare cream puff dough as directed above. Drop batter by level teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Fill as directed above. Makes about 8 dozen miniature puffs.
|The batter after mixing all the ingredient|
|Recipe says that can make 12 but in the end we made 17pcs. Just drop one dollop at a time with 3 inch apart using a spoon.|
|Chocolate cream filling. Need to chill for 2 hours|
|Brainstorming how to decorate|
|At last after few hours can start filling up the puff!|
|My favorite part is to see how the chocolate sauce ooze out.|
|The best has yet to come!|
|How pretty they look once its assembled!|