Adsense

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Making HERSHEY'S Tuxedo Torte Recipe/Review

Tuxedo Torte: Chocolate at the bottom, White colour is cheese. Top with Melted Hershey's Milk Chocolate. Cant decide whether u prefer chocolate or cheese? How about making both?
I am a big fan of chocolate cake! When i think of chocolate ingredients I think of Hershey!! I love the smell and taste of Hershey and when KT recommend me Hershey's recipe website I was instantly inspired to make this Tuxedo Torte because I love cheese and chocolate. Last year I kept making cheese cake. This year I wanted to learn chocolate cake. The story behind this cake is simply my transition from cheese to chocolate!

Recipe taken from Hershey's recipe website. I make minor alteration especially the amount of sugar use cause i am rather hesitant to follow their sugar content as its a little high. Originally the total sugar use is 390g. I use about 200g. I reduce a rather large amount of sugar which may affect the total volume and texture of the cake other than sweetness. Which is why i use a 8 inch springform pan instead of a 9 inch recommended by the site. I find that it is a good practice to line the bottom of the springform pan with aluminum foil and extend foil to the side to prevent any of the cake batter from leaking. I learn this the hard way when i tried another of Hershey's recipe the night before and the batter start to leak out. This round the brownie chocolate is rather compact compare with my attempt the night before (other recipe).I convert the measurement to gram. The eggs i use is in room temperature. Flour wise I may change to cake flour to experiment on next attempt cause the brownie comes out a little hard.

The taste and outlook is awesome! The lowered amt of sugar does not affect the sweetness since I do not like my dessert to be too sweet to begin with. The brownie is a little to the hard side, the cream cheese taste heavenly and the milk chocolate topping simply feels that the cake is melting in your mouth but you still be chewing something solid due to the chocolate cake at the bottom!
Ingredients

Chocolate Brownie
    * 113.4 g butter/margerine melted
    * 90g granulated sugar
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - I use my homemade vanilla extract
    * 2 eggs
    * 75g all-purpose flour - I use superfine flour instead
    * 60g HERSHEY'S Cocoa
    * 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    * 1/4 teaspoon salt

Cheese
    * 1 package (8 oz.) or about 250g cream cheese, softened
    * 100g powdered sugar. Next round can reduce to 90g.
    * 3/4 cup heavy cream, divided. 115g for cheese/57.5g for milk chocolate cream topping (Note:1 cup of cream equal 230g. Need 172.5g in total)

Topping
    * 140g Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chips

Directions

   1. Heat oven to 350°F or 176c. Line 8-inch round cake pan with foil, extending foil beyond sides. Grease foil.

   2. Stir together melted butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Add eggs; beat well using spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating with spoon until well blended. Spread batter in prepared pan. (Note: Batter will rise in the middle and make the cake look uneven. On next attempt before baking, I would try to spread more batter to the side so that it look like the side is higher than the centre)

   3. Bake 25 minutes or until cake is set. (Cake is fudgey and will not test done.) Remove from oven; cool completely in pan on wire rack. (Note: I cool for an hour. After 1 hour I put the cake into fridge while preparing the cheese batter)

   4. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Beat 1/2 cup heavy cream until stiff; gradually fold into cream cheese mixture, blending well. Spread over brownie layer. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour.

   5. Put the 1/4 cream and chocolate chip into a smaller pot. Smaller pot put onto a larger pot filled with a few inches of water. Switch gas to very low and stir. Cool slightly; pour and spread over cream cheese mixture.

   6. Cover; refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled. Use foil to lift out of pan; remove foil. Cut into wedges; serve garnished with whipping topping, chocolates and chocolate candies, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert. 10 to 12 servings.

Original site from Hershey's Tuxedo Torte


 Chocolate brownie batter. Before Pouring into pan and bake.
Putting the cream cheese mixture into the pan. Chocolate brownie at the bottom. I am so excited at this point cause it look so beautiful! After that put into the fridge to chill.

 Melted the Hershey's Milk Chocolate and heavy cream. Pour the chocolate onto the cake. Note: Once the chip melt 80-90%, switch of the fire. Take it out and keep stirring till all the chip are melted. By the time the chip melted the chocolate has cooled and can pour into the cake.

 This is how it looks the next day!! My heart pumping as I slice my knife around the rim of the springform pan to loosen the cake before opening the clasp.

 Voila! At first glance a bit disappointing cos it look like normal cheese cake with chocolate base at the bottom


 But the inside of the cake tells a different story. Can see that the chocolate and cream balancing out.


Look Beautiful and Taste Awesome!




I use this Hershey's Milk Chocolate for the topping.


Distribution time!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails