Adsense

Monday, May 12, 2014

Simple Overnight Oats (No cooking required)

Simple Overnight Oats Recipe

I like making this cause it is so simple, able to make in advance and involve no cooking. Best of all its healthy, versatile and you can make any type of combo you wanted! You can make it with basic ingredients or add all sort of toppings, nuts, healthy oil or dried fruit.

You just need to bear in mind the ratio.
1 cup of oats
1 cup of milk
1 cup of yogurt
Add honey to taste (optional)

Variation that you can add:
Fruits of your choice
Nuts
Flaxseed oil
Dried Fruit like dried apricot, raisin, cranberry

Just mix everything, store in a container of your choice and you can eat it the next day. This doesnt require cooking as the oats will soak up the liquid. I prefer to use Roll Oats. The honey is for those who fear the sourness in the yogurt. I notice that there are people who hate eating yogurt due to the sourness.


Thus far I have not store this more than a day as it wont stay in my fridge for long! This is a great way to start your day as it will be very filling and useful as a quick breakfast takeaway during work days. I store my overnight oats in those old glass jam containers when on the go.

I plan to make more of the home made yogurt on my own to avoid the store bought ones. I highly recommend making this.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails