Adsense

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Making Strawberry Ice cream (Recipe)

Today I went to cold storage and bought some ingredient for ice cream. As I shop I decided to make strawberry ice cream. Cold storage sell their 250gram strawberry from USA for about RM11-12. I also found there there is frozen fruits like blueberry, strawberry, blackberry and mix berries that sell at around RM30 for 1kg. I bought the blackberry 1kg and will make blackberry ice cream next!

After coming back from home i immediately start my ice cream process. I heard a lot of great comments about the strawberry ice cream in the recipe book or making your own strawberry ice cream in general. That its not to be miss. I waited for about 40mins to churn and out comes great tasting strawberry ice cream!

Ingredients (modified to accommodate the ingredients that i can find)
-200g fresh Strawberries.
-90g caster sugar
-Half lime and half orange juice (or at least 1 tbsp lemon juice)
-To replace whole milk 225ml - I use 110 evaporated milk + 105ml water (usually its half of each milk and water)
-100ml whipping cream

---Puree strawberry/juice/milk/sugar
---Combine strawberry mixture with cream. Make sure all ingredient thoroughly mix
---I pop into the freezer for about 1. Ideally at least 1 half or 2 hours. Stir the mixture.
---Switch on the ice cream maker and pour mixture into the cooling bowl (scrap away any ice stuck on the cooling disk before start)
After freezing for about 10hours

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails