Adsense

Monday, April 26, 2010

Bake Cheese Cake Recipe (with photos)



Bake cheese cake

Had a fun time making my first cake with my mum! Brought some to office and everyone loves it.

Bake cheese cake top with whipped cream and hershey chocolate syrup

Ingredients
For the crust:
* Digestive Biscuit (1 1/3 cups) - I use the flour measurement - 170gram
* Butter-melted (1/3 cup) - I use Anchor New Zealand butter (not in picture) - 75gram
* Sugar (1/4 cup) - I use the icing sugar - 56.25gram

For the filling:
* Cream cheese-softened (16 oz) - I use Tatura cream cheese
* Eggs (3)
* Sweetened condensed milk (300ml)
* Lemon juice (1/4 cup) - About 1 - 2 lemon - 56.25ml/56.25gram

Preparation
For the crust:
You need to combine the butter; sugar and the digestive biscuit crumbs and press this into the bottom of a springfoam pan.
Baked this in preheated oven for 12 minutes at 163 degree C
Take it out and cooled fully (not in fridge) (by fan

For the filling:
Take a large mixer bowl and beat the cream cheese in this until it becomes fluffy. Once done, add the sweetened condensed milk. Beat the mixture till it smoothens. Now, add the eggs and the lemon juice. Mix this together. Pour this combination over the cooled crust.

Time to bake this combination! Bake it for at least 58 minutes at 149 degrees C.
Once done, leave in in oven (off) and open the door ajar.
Leave till oven cooled.

Let it cool down to the room temperature sitting on a wire rack. Can put a big bowl over the cheesecake to slower down the cooling for 1st hour. Subsequent 2 hour cool to room temp.

You need to chill it at least 5 hours before serving. Garnishing can be done as per your desire.

Usefull links:
Where and how much I bought the Cheese cake ingredients
Bake cheese cake recipe (without picture)
Spring form pan


Close up of Tatura Cream Cheese from Cold storage. I bought this as its affordable compare to Philadelphia cream cheese which cost double of Tatura cream cheese. My cheese cake also taste great with this cheese.

FOR THE CRUST:
Before starting on the crust, heat the oven first. I heat it for about 15 minutes.
The crust: Butter, sugar and digestive biscuit. Picture shows how it looks like after mixing all the ingredient. I crush the biscuit using a chopper.

Spread the crust evenly into the pan

Press the crust to the pan

Baked the crust 12 minutes at 168 Celsius. Cool the crust in room tempreture. Dont put in fridge

FOR THE FILLING:
Use hand mixer and beat the cream cheese until it become fluffy

Add the condense milk. Beat it till it smoothens

Add the egg and lemon juice

Pour it over the cooled crust. Bake it for 58min at 149 degree c. Actually for my oven, it took longer than 58min to cook. As the cake is not ready after 58 min. To test whether the cake is completely cook, just use a long stick and poke it in. If there is cake attach to the stick, it means that the cake is not ready. If the stick come out clean, it means the cake is ready.

Once done, leave in in oven (off) and open the door ajar.
Leave till oven cooled. Let it cool down to the room temperature sitting on a wire rack. Can put a big bowl over the cheesecake to slower down the cooling for 1st hour. Subsequent 2 hour cool to room temp.

Since this is my first cheese cake, I made it plain with no garnishing. It taste so creamy and delicious. Once its done, I use a knife to make sure the cake does not stick to the side of the pan. I unlock the pan and cut the cake. The crust does not break into pieces if i cut carefully.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi. I was reading your other blog, Life as I See It, the one about the summaries to Making Friends and they up to part 4/6. I couldn't find part 5 and 6, I would really like to finish the series!

If you could link me to where they were posted on your blog that'd be great! Thanks, I'm loving your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails