Adsense

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Best and worse chocolate chip in Malaysia and Singapore

I have been quiet crazy in making chocolate chip cookies recently and I find that different chocolate chip produce different results. So far my favorite is the HERSHEY'S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips bought in Singapore~ i wish that JB supermarket would sell this though~ but i couldn't find it in jb~ whenever i want to restock i would buy 4 packs per trip as I know i will use a lot~

Below is my opinion whether i will try again the chocolate chip or to stay away from them

MUST TRY
1. (10 over 10) My favorite is this HERSHEY'S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips bought in Singapore. The size of the chip is smaller than usual and able to spread more evenly in the batter. As the chips is smaller, my baking will usually look more appealing as its entirely covered by mini chips. It taste great and look great. So far i tried a few chocolate chip and i couldn't find one that could replace this yet~

2. HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
I use this chip before the mini ones. Its the same flavor and taste but bigger in size than number 1. As the chip is bigger, the cookies or muffins will looks like they have lesser chips on it. (7 over 10)

MUST AVOID
 3. HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips
I bought this 1 time and it took me a few years to finish it really~! Cause i use it the first time and find it too sweet for baking. Unsure what to do with it, i chuck it at one corner of my fridge. In the end i use it for my chocolate chip cookies and would never buy this again. Perhaps this chip has its own purpose that I have not manage to find out yet.

3. Nona Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Tried this once and i regret buying it. I bought it in Tesco KSL city and i am not sure why they carry many of Nona's line of bakery product. Many of Nona's line is more expensive than other brands with moderate quality. The taste of this chip is appalling - i couldn't really taste any good chocolate flavor in it. And they ended up making my chocolate chip cookies sweeter than normal though i have reduce the sugar. Better to avoid this entirely.


I would try to update this post if i manage to try any new chocolate chips. Meanwhile if you have tried any, feel free to comment and recommend good ones and to avoid bad ones~~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails