Adsense

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Versatile Basic Fried Chicken / Katsu Chicken Recipe

I love making this recipe. It is simple and I prefer to buy the Chicken Fillet parts in the supermarket.

I would make a batch, and laid it flat on the tray (I save the plastic tray packaging), freeze it and whenever I want it, I would take out the required portion, put it into my air fryer, drizzle some oil on it, bake it for 15-20 min in an air fryer at 200 Celsius. Viola I have my fried chicken in minutes! It is like making your own instant fried chicken.

Though the recipe is basic, it is still tasty and you could eat it by itself.

Below are my all time favorites~~
1) Chicken Burger patty - Sandwich between bread and put your favorite sauce and lettuce. You would have a Chicken Burger in minutes! This are one of my favorite choice when I bake the loaf bread.

2) Teriyaki Chicken - I just bought the Teriyaki sauce and drizzle some and eat together with rice and broccoli

3) Japanese Chicken Curry - I use the curry that was sold in a cube. I make the soup base using carrot and onion. Then add in the cube and cook till the curry thicken (which I use my happy call for the water to evaporate faster. You may use a shallow pan). Then I would match it with rice and the fried chicken.

The katsu chicken calls for panko crumbs which are bread crumbs thus I uses bread crumbs. The bread crumbs that I bought are pack in 500g.

There is no fix weighing measurement on the recipes. So far I still have leftover bread crumbs after I have done about 1.5kg of fillet. I will just store in the fridge for those unused bread crumbs.

Recipe:
A) Marinate
500g Chicken fillets
Salt (About 1/4 tsp or to taste)
Pepper

C) Dipping station
Put 2 tbsb Plain flour into a plastic bag
Beat an egg in a bowl
Put some bread crumb into a plastic bag. If not enough then add more bread crumb accordingly.

Steps
1) Season chicken with Salt and Pepper to taste, set it aside for about 20 min. Meanwhile prepare the dipping ingredients while the chicken marinate.
2) Put all the fillet into the flour bag. Shake the bag. The idea is to coat it lightly with flour.
3) Dip into the egg
4) Put the chicken into the bread crumb bag. Shake the bag to ensure the chicken is coated.
5) You may fry it, air fry it for 15min at 200 celcius or you could lay the raw fried chicken on a flat plastic tray that was line in plastic bag, bag it and freeze it for future use.








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails