Adsense

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Baking Bread using Rice Cooker Recipe!

Cheese, tomato, basil leave, ketchup sauce, black pepper - rice cooker bread recipe


Rice Cooker Bread Recipe - Before 1st fermentation

Rice Cooker Bread Recipe - After 1st fermentation
Recipe
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Rice-Cooker-Bread

I have always wanted to make this since I saw this in the anime Yakitate Rice Cooker Bread! It takes some times to make it but once its done, I gain the deep sense of satisfaction. My bread is gone in the same day between 2 people. Its so yummy and great fun. There is something magical about the bread making - my favorite part is to see the bread rise. Due to this magic moment, it inspire me to make more types of bread in the future!

I got the recipe from the link above.

Recipe and steps
A)
5 grams yeast (about 1.25 teaspoon)
1/4 cup water - water has to be at 110 - 120Fahrenheit

B)
350 grams flour (2.5 cups)
21 grams sugar (about 1.5 tbsp)
6.5 grams salt (about 1.5 tsp)
21 grams butter (about 1.5 tbsp)
30ml milk (1 oz.)
180 ml water (6 oz.)

About 5 hours

Mix A and leave it to stand for 10 minutes

Prepare B in a bowl. Once done add in A.
Knead the dough for about 8-10 minutes. If its too wet, you can add flour to the work surface.
Add butter to dough mixture till its fully absorb.

Allow to sit for an hour - Leave the dough at warm area or warm setting.
After 1 hour it will look like the 3rd picture on top. Dont punch the dough. Instead lift the dough up at about 50cm height and throw into your bowl with a certain force until it become like its original rise.
Allow to sit for another 1 hour. This is the second and final rise.
It will puff up and double in size.

Baking in the rice cooker
Every rice cooker is different
Mine is the normal rice cooker with porridge and rice function.
After 1 hour, the bottom look slightly burn but still edible. Flip the bread over and continue baking. Its suppose to take another hour but may be shorter depending on your machine. Mine is about 30-40 minutes on the other side.

My rice cooker will switch from cook to warm by itself. I have to monitor it closely. Every time it switch to warm, I had to press the cook function. Sometimes it allowed me to switch mode, sometimes it doesn't. Nevertheless, the bread was cook at the end. Thus next time when I make this again, I will flip the bread at 50minutes to prevent the burning.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails