Adsense

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Making Putu Piring

I tried making putu piring as I have good quality gula melaka from my trip there. I also has a delicious putu piring in Melaka that is rice with gula melaka.

This inspire me to find out how to make my own putu piring. The outcome is that at the 1st few bites, its delicious, cause I stuff it with a lot of gula melaka. However I lack certain basic utensils like small bowl and cloth. Thus my putu piring is a bit dry. I will definitely try this again when I have all the utensils.

The recipe:
http://thenewartofbaking.blogspot.com/2013/06/putu-piring-malaysian-steamed-palm.html

Putu Piring
(Makes about 15 pieces)

Ingredients
250g rice flour (I prefer the Thai's Erawan brand)
4 pieces of pandan leaves, cut into 4-inch section
160ml - 180ml hot water
1/4 tsp salt

For the Filling
150g of grated palm sugar

For the Topping
100g of grated coconut
2 pandan leaves, cut into 4-inch section
A pinch of salt

15 (3x3) banana leaves squares

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails