I obtained the recipe from meatman but I cut down to a quarter of the recipe to fit into my air fryer at 160 degree for 15 min, glaze and continue for another 15 min at 180 degree.
Below is the original recipe. I will continue trying for other char siew recipe as there is a few variations!
Time: 30 min
- 2kg of pork shoulder
- 2 tbps of five spice powder
- 2 tbsp of white pepper
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 4 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp taucheo (beanpaste)
- 2 tbsp chinese rice wine
- 8 tbsp of honey
- Cut 2kg of pork shoulder
- Add the five spice powder, white pepper, sugar, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, taucheo (beanpaste, chinese rice wine, honey and mix them up even with your hands
- Cover and let it marinate in the fridge overnight
- On the next day, lay out the meat on an oven wire rack
- Roast them in 2 batches, for 15 mins in an 180 degrees celsius oven
- When done brush marinate sauce on meat
- Then back in the oven again for another 15 minutes
- Once done, drool!