Adsense

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Shopping at Kwong Cheong Thye - Where to locate Moon cake Paste / Moon cake ingredients, Sichuan Pepper, Osmanthus in Singapore

After reading some really good reviews about the shop on the Moon Cake ingredients, I decided to explore the shop in Geylang during my trip to Singapore.

The shop is operated from Monday to Saturday from 9.30am to 5.30pm.

It is easy to walk to the shop once you reach Aljunied MRT station. According to the google map, it is a 5 minutes walk.

How to go to Kwong Cheong Thye via Aljunied mrt station



































I have a good first impression of the shop, they do have various moon cake paste, the moon cake ingredients, mold and packaging. It is a good 1 stop shop if you would like to obtain all your moon cake ingredients.

The moon cake paste start with 1kg. I have tried to ask for smaller 500gram packaging however it was not available. The sales mention that the smaller packaging would normally be available close to the moon cake festival period.

In addition, to their moon cake paste, they have a wide array of their home brand soya sauce and paste for cooking. I finally found my Sichuan pepper which I had search high and low for this spices - I could include this herbs in my Salted Egg recipe next time!

Below are my shopping haul. Others shop for cloths and beauty products and got excited, while my excitement comes from buying special or hard to find ingredients =P

Cost about SGD60++ . I had to get the black sesame seed as it smells so good. I also bought 2 types of dried orange for my exploration later.

Moon cake paste - Low sugar White Lotus Paste and Low Sugar Green Tea Paste - Cost about SGD16-17 each

Though my intention was to buy moon cake paste only, I ended up buying the Light soya sauce and Cili Paste. Separately during my trip, i also bought the Rice Viniger from Korean Shops

Osmanthus, Dried Orange Skin, Sichuan pepper

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails