I got this recipe when I attended bread classes. The dough is called sweet bread and you could use it for various combination with hotdog, chicken floss, tuna and cheese.
|Hoy Kee Food Industries Sdn Bhd - Low sugar red bean paste. The company is located in Semenyih Selangor. I bought the paste in Bake With Yen.|
white lotus paste, white bean, pandan lotus paste, lotus paste and pandan bean paste.
-Let the bread rest for 40 min. You may spray some water to help the bread rise intermittently.
-Bake in a 175 degree oven for 20min.
|Divide the dough into 50gram each|
Red bean paste
Ready made red bean paste 500g
Toasted sesame seed (optional) 20g
Just mix the paste and the seed. Divide into 18 portion/28g each.
You may end up using more of the red bean paste if you like more filling. If that is the case, I mix 100g of red bean with 4g of toasted sesame seed.
1. Flatten the dough. Put the red bean at the centre and roll into a ball.
2. Flatten the ball and put on the tray line with non stick parchment paper.
3. Use a knife to slit 5 line like a shape of a flower
4. Lift up the flower petal and twist two times. Twist all 5 petals.
5. Spray some water and decorate with some toasted sesame seed.
If you wanted a shortcut or you are press for time, you could always just stop at point 1, spray some water on the bun and decorate with sesame seed. As shaping 18 piece of bread does take up some of the prep time.