|Egg Tart Recipe|
|Ready made Tart Shell from Bake with Yen|
|10 mini bite size tart shell|
The shell is affordable at around RM2.80 with 10 bite size PCs in the package.
After trying I find that the shell are buttery and it taste good. It's worth buying as I save time, and it's affordable.
So here is the recipes obtained from http://en.christinesrecipes.com/2009/03/cantonese-egg-tarts-recipe.html
I have half the recipe and end up I need more than a bag of tart shell to finish using the custard. As a twist, I have added a bit of kaya on each tart case before filling the custard.
Egg tart recipe
Ingredients of custard::
- 1 eggs
- 30 gm caster sugar
- 75 gm hot water
- 37g evaporated milk
- A bit of vanilla extract
- A bit of kaya in each tart to enhance the flavour (optional)
- Add sugar into hot water, mix until completely dissolved.
- Whisk egg with evaporated milk. Pour in sugar water. Mix well.
- Sift egg mixture to get rid of any foam into a tea pot. Carefully pour egg mixture into each tart shell.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Position rack in lower third of oven. Bake tarts for 10 to 15 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.
- Lower the heat to 180C. Keep an eye on them. Once you see the custard being puffed up a bit, pull the oven door open about 2 to 3 inches. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until the custard is cooked through. Just insert a toothpick into the custard. If it stands on its own, it’s done.